Since I've never heard if it, no I don't (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mikal C Johnson (KtCym SOCAE) from spider-tn084.proxy.aol.com on September 06, 1999 at 08:27:45:

In Reply to: Well you have to admit the movie "Thrashin'" was good.(NM) posted by Marty McFly on September 04, 1999 at 18:15:53:

: : Willie's hair, Willie's attitude...
: : It was a stereotypically formulaic 80's film. The 80's were full of cheesy "adventure" movies, and ToD was one of the average. Raiders was the pinnacle, of course.
: : And I don't just mean the Indy rip-offs: Beastmaster, Ice Pirates... any number of really tepid films that stray from the path of realism too much.
: : For instance, in ToD, where the heck did that dance number take place?
: : Yes, it's a small thing, and it was for the opening credits, but it was unrealistic.
: : Raiders and Crusade went to great lengths to maintain a certain amount of believability. Temple said, "Screw it!" and just got silly.

: : : I noticed that most people hate ToD. Some people give comments like "I hated just the whole thing." and "I only liked the beginning." and sometimes "ToD really sucked." and why do people hate ToD so much? What's wrong with it? It might be different from the others but it's good in it's own way. Some people in this forum probably don't even don't know where I got the name Short Round cuz they seen ToD once! I'm not acting like ToD is my most favorite movie of all time or my favorite Indy movie of all time, LC is my favorite Indy movie, but what do people have against ToD? I think it's ludicrous to hate it. Well see ya's, Shorty.
: : : "Lets see if you bastards can do ninety!" -Marty, BTTF

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]