Are you on dope? Just kidding ROB T., you're cool, but Temple of Doom rocks!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert from port6.westworld.ca on September 06, 1999 at 14:31:27:

In Reply to: Better question is why does anyone like ToD? posted by ROB T. on September 05, 1999 at 01:38:21:

: The opening is the only good part of the whole movie. From the moment they say goodbye to Lao Che the movie goes downhill.
: First, it has a lousy villain in the monosyllabic, Frankenstein monster Mola Ram. He uses unbelievable magical baloney in place of brains. Indy would've dispatched this loser in fifteen minutes.
: Second is a weak love interest. Indy is a man of the world. It would take more than just a pretty face and a nice body to get his interest and Willie Scott has nothing more to offer. She's a whiny, stereotypical crybaby. Indy would have taken little notice of her.
: Third is Short Round. He's only there to bring in a kiddie audience to a movie that is inappropriate for them anyway.
: Throw in a weak script and "Temple of Doom" is just a typical sequel done more to make money than to tell a good story.
: In every way it is inferior to the masterpiece that is "Raiders."

Let me just say that I love ToD. I think it's the least of the series, yes, but it definitely rocks! Actually, the moment where Indy says bye to Lao Che everything goes uphill (don't get me wrong, the movie was already uphill to begin with). Plus, ToD does have the best villain IMHO, Mola Ram! He's just damn cool!!!! Belloq is a very close second. HOw can you not like him? Also, Short Round actually does work well in the movie. Yes, he was there for the same reason Jar Jar was there in Episode I, to please the kids, but Shorty works better, and seems more natural. Anyways, all of the Indy movies are masterpieces and should be honored! That's my 2 Canadian cents!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]