Re: A question about the whip

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on September 07, 1999 at 08:19:39:

In Reply to: A question about the whip posted by Satipo on September 07, 1999 at 01:34:27:

: A while ago, I remember reading a description about an actual film whip that was either being auctioned or was a museum exhibit, I'm not sure which. Anyway, it mentioned that the whip was of a 16 plait construction. Now the David Morgan site says that the model used in the films, their production whip, is only 12 plait. So, can anyone tell me, did they supply special 16 plait versions for the films or were they all the standard 12 plait? I'm interested because I'm hoping to buy one soon.

: Many thanks,

: Satipo

I talked to David Morgan about the whips he provided. All those used by HF were 12-plait. He did provide the circus whip used in the opening sequence of LC - a black and white bullwhip that River Phoenix cuts his chin on. I've seen whips like this in DM's book as well as in his catalogue. It does look like a more ornate 16-plait design.

He also did say that some whips were used in the films that he did not provide - namely the ones with steel cable cores which were used for certain stunts, i.e. dragging actors behind trucks. Again, he confirmed all those used by HF were his 12-plait design.

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]