Re: A question about the whip

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from piweba5y-ext.prodigy.com on September 07, 1999 at 12:38:55:

In Reply to: A question about the whip posted by Satipo on September 07, 1999 at 01:34:27:

: A while ago, I remember reading a description about an actual film whip that was either being auctioned or was a museum exhibit, I'm not sure which. Anyway, it mentioned that the whip was of a 16 plait construction. Now the David Morgan site says that the model used in the films, their production whip, is only 12 plait. So, can anyone tell me, did they supply special 16 plait versions for the films or were they all the standard 12 plait? I'm interested because I'm hoping to buy one soon.

: Many thanks,

: Satipo

Satipo, The bullwhips supplied by David Morgan for the Indiana Jones movies were 12 plait, even the one used by River Phoenix. I do remember coming across that same information about that 16 plait bullwhip prop as well, however it was probably just a mistake. For someone not accustom to the detail of a whip, it could be an easy mistake to make. Unfortunately I don't believe there was ever a specific photo of the bullwhip in question that could clear it up. Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions about the bullwhip.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]