Re: A few questions about the new releases

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from HRBGB102-46.splitrock.net on September 07, 1999 at 19:28:21:

In Reply to: A few questions about the new releases posted by Crusader on September 07, 1999 at 16:16:54:

Yes, both versions are going to be available in October, finally.
As far as which one you should get, I'm afraid that's going to depend on you preference. I personally will only buy widescreen. I want the "theatrical" experience of seeing it just as I saw it on the big screen. But again, it depends on your preference. Some people do not like widescreen and can't see what people like me do see in it. Just remember that a movie filmed in the "aspect ratio" of Raiders and it's sequels (2:35) you will lose about 40% of the picture if you buy the standard pan and scan movies. With widescreen you have to look past the black bars, but understand, you're not losing anything. I generally recommended to my video customers that if you have anything over a 19" television, widescreen is O.K. Anything smaller and you the picture will become too small for you to enjoy. 25-35 inch is ideal, and anything larger than that is perfect, and will make me envious of you.
As far as PAL, boy I don't know. I haven't heard anything, but I don't see why not in the near future.
Is the gift pack worth it. Absolutely. Although I personally do not know what the fourth tape is. I do know that there will be new interviews with Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford, and I can only assume that they will be on the fourth tape but I really don't know. If anybody has any answers I would greatly appreciate knowing myself.

Hope I've been of some help to you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]