Re: A really cool Indy Prop idea...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aimee from 98ADBE42.ipt.aol.com on September 08, 1999 at 13:22:22:

In Reply to: Re: A really cool Indy Prop idea... posted by Lao Che on September 08, 1999 at 07:50:21:

: : : I know a lot of people out there make their own Indiana Jones props, but has anyone here made the wooden crate from Raiders? I'm not much of a sculptor or illustrator but I do have woodworking skills so I was thinking of making a crate and then painting on the eagle/swastika and "property of the German Army" in German or whatever it says. I think it would make a neat table! Or you could pppput it in the back of your truck and drive around waiting for the Germans to chase you! If you don't like "Nazi" crates then I suppose you could then burn off the letters with a torch or make the one from the very end of the movie with "Army Intel Do Not Open" painted on it. That would also make a great conversation piece! I just need the dimensions...

: : : Cheers,
: : : Abner
: : I think that's a cool idea. If you had the right dimensions, or even made a close guess, it would be pretty easy to make. It would also be a somewhat inexpensive prop. You may even be able to find one somewhere for very cheap or maybe for free! Then all you would have to do is paint on it.
: : I like the end of the movie crate idea. Then you could B.S. people and tell them Raiders is really a true story and that your grandpa was the guy who worked in the warehouse. When they don't believe you, you could take the dinner plates off of it, then open the crate to reveal a very realistic homemade Ark! Then watch them get scared after you tell them that their face is about to melt! ok, I'm getting carried away now. (In Roberto Benigni voice) I don't know, I don't know! Time for me to get some shut eye.
: : See ya! DeWayne

: : I just made a full size replica of the Ark. I think the crate would be a much more simple project, but very cool also.
: :Lao

WOW... a full size replica of the Ark? Id like to see a pic of that Lao!!!!
And yes, the crate idea is great. I was actually thinking of that also.
Right now I'm creating another prop replica and when it's complete, I'll reveal it here of course, at Indyfan!

Come into my site and see what prop reps I have available. :-)
Aimee
http://www.voicenet.com/~vigrafx/aimeer/

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: