Correction, Mikal, the Force has Buddhist tiebacks, not Hindu. I read it in an interview with Lucas on Time Magazine (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from voyager.stfx.com on September 09, 1999 at 10:25:58:

In Reply to: Definitely a bogus website! posted by Mikal C Johnson (KtCym SOCAE) on September 09, 1999 at 06:49:15:

: If you'll note, the "Adventure" font was used for the real-estate ad on the side... and look at that speaker schedule! There's no way that all of these people would be speaking at the same church so close together!
: Dr. Laura?! The Orthodox Jew? Speaking at a Christian church that thinks toys are demons?
: Guys, I am a right-wing, fundamentalist, Christian. This webpage offends everything my religion is about! I've seen and enjoyed all of the Star Wars movies. I disagree with Lucas' religious beliefs (which he has stated in the past are what the Force is about (it's Hindu)), but I can still enjoy the movies without thinking he's out to get me and my family!
: This page is definitely a joke... perhaps even an advertisement for the products mentioned.
: C'mon... I've seen the candy thing in the store... and yes, my brother in law and I joked about how it seems to be a French-kiss toy... but really!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]