Re: I hear ya'...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk098144.res-hall.nwu.edu on May 16, 1998 at 10:55:28:

In Reply to: I hear ya'... posted by The Northlander on May 15, 1998 at 22:14:57:

: : In Marilyn Beck's column on May 15th she stated that Harrison Ford will shoot "Random Hearts" directed by Sydney Pollack this September. Then she mentioned his next project would be a thriller called "What Lies Beneath" directed by Robert Zemeckis which would start filming September 1999. Also, she said some producer is looking foward to get Harrison back in another Jack Ryan movie. In between both these movies I have mentioned Marilyn Beck said that Harrison would take time off to spend with his familly in Wyoming. She didn't even breathe a word about Indy 4. If Ford or Spielberg don't mention the latest status of this project during their press junketts this summer, I think we can kiss Indy 4 goodbye. It has to come out by Memorial Day 2000 at the latest. Does anyone else agree?

Even more disheartening is Spielberg's schedule. If he's following Pvt. Ryan with "Memoirs of a Geisha" and he still wants to do that Lindbergh project, and do stuff for DreamWorks, it doesn't look like he's left an opening in there for Indy. :( And it may be that these two are doing other stuff because George Lucas' schedule is the most busy of all, with everything he's doing on the prequels. (Rumor is he might direct the second one, too, which doesn't leave a lot of time for Indy.) BUT...
: I agree, and I've been thinking the same thing for a long time. Hey, is Last Crusade really such a bad way to end the series? I don't think so, and it's better than a movie with Indy as an old man...

: One ray of hope however: Movie schedules get switched all the time. Ford may eventually not be involved with those projects, or the projects themselves may even never become a reality. Still, it's looking bad for an Indy sequel.

You're absolutely right, Northy. All these "schedules" are constantly changing. Aside from the Star Wars movies, none of this is a sure bet and I bet at least half these projects will never see the light of day. Remember, last year this time Ford was all lined up for Age of Aquarius, and look where that is now.

desperately trying not to be a pessimist,
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: