Hmmm... [Answer--sort of]

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr1-modem100.runestone.net on May 16, 1998 at 11:00:04:

In Reply to: Question for Aaron posted by The Northlander on May 15, 1998 at 22:17:07:

Well Northy [can I call you Northy? :) ], it was simply a MAME--not MacMAME--ROM page, however, In my past experiences the ROMs would work on either machine...

What frustrates me even further is that if you go to *http://www.emulation.net* to their MacMAME page, they will show the games supported for Version .33 [beta, by the way--so it could be glitchy!] of MacMAME. Included is "Indiana Jones"--playable, sound, the anything you could hope for... But I think we've found a hole in that theory, haven't we? :)

At the time I tried to get the game to work, I was still only using Version .3, so I updated. I opened the .zip file and got the same jumble of text files. However, I opened them into a folder entitled "indytemp". When this folder was placed in the ROM folder of MacMAME, if you started the program [which, by the way, told me I needed Appearance Manager--which I already had--or upgrade to OS 8.1--that's a little extreme, isn't it?], in the game list, you would see the "ROM chip" icon and "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" next to it. However, attempting to play the game would bring up an endless [no, really!] number of text boxes which stated that this game was not supported by Version .33! Another hole in the theory, huh?

Some day, Northlander, we will get that game to work--I swear it on the Holdy Grail, or the Ark of the Covenant, or whatever I can find lying around to swear over.

Was that any help?

~Aaron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: