Re: The 1920s/1930s

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on September 13, 1999 at 03:08:06:

In Reply to: The 1920s/1930s posted by Kenneth. on September 12, 1999 at 12:00:47:

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who'd rather carry a pocket watch. I've always loved them and I'd like to get a great antique one someday. Right now I just have a cheap one ("ten dollars from a vendor in the street") but I've been keeping my eyes open for a good one.

I'd still rather live in this time than in Indy's but there are definately things about that era that are better than now. I love how in that time they took pride in their craftmenship. Stuff now is built to be tossed out. I don't own a single thing I bought new in the nineties that I'll be able to pass down to my future grandchildren like a great watch.
Someday I'd like to have a beautiful pocketwatch and a great rolltop desk but I'll have to go antique on them both because they just don't make stuff like that anymore. Not with any eye toward lasting beauty anyway.
But at the same time I'd rather live in a time with indoor plumbing, air conditioning, efficient cars, competent medical care and the Internet.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]