Re: Hilarious but Disturbing Use of the Raiders March used on SNL!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Professor Jones from slot1-143.ts0.cv.oh.verio.net on September 13, 1999 at 06:48:13:

In Reply to: Hilarious but Disturbing Use of the Raiders March used on SNL!!! posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on September 12, 1999 at 06:40:32:

: Did anyone ever see this before?? On January 1999, a day before the superbowl, I believe, Saturday Night Live showed all their sport sketches to pay tribute to sports. Anyway, there was this sketch which looked to be from the '80s. It was about Martin Short and some other guy trying hard to be the first male synchronised swimmers. And they're going through the paces. The two look just awful but it's hilarious!! Then, in the middle of the sketch, you could hear the Raiders March being played, and then the two are dancing around in the water to our beloved theme! The commentary says:

: "We like to play music when we practise that's very inspirational and will give us strength" or something like that. I lauged my head off at it, it was so funny and so unexpected! My brother was quite traumatized over that experience!! :)

I remember that SNL skit and laughed my butt off as well... especially
Martin Short wearing the ear/nose plugs and the life jacket :-)

Regards,
Professor Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: