Re: 12

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Covenant from 202.77.180.54 on September 13, 1999 at 19:10:50:

In Reply to: Re: 12 posted by Covenant on September 09, 1999 at 22:34:13:

: : : I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet but apparently the 12" Indy toys that are offered exclusively through Toy Syndicate are sold out (Glad I got mine, whew). There's still a bunch on Ebay and I'm sure there will be for a while but they're pretty hard to get. So does this mean the preorder banner on Indyfan.com will go?

: : I second that whew! I just got a call and an email yesterday from TS and they said that mine was just shipped yesterday morning. I should get it tomorrow or Saturday! Yoo HOO! The horses are backordered still for another 6 to 8 weeks. I wonder why...they probably have to match the real horse hide pelts for stitching and are sewing a real leather saddle! Crazy stuff!

: : Greg

: Hate to disappoint you but the horse is made of resin and and the saddle parts are all PVC. The saddle blanket is made of printed velboa (what Beanie Babies are made of) and looks pretty good. Overall the horse is a bit of a disappointment because the saddle parts are all designed for an American-West cowboy horse not an Arabian horse in Egypt. But Indy still looks damned cool sitting on him though!

The horse is about 12" tall at the top of the head. He's completely hollow so he feels a bit fragile. I've seen horses sold in hobby shops that look like they can be a decent substitute for Indy's steed. You can also buy real leather saddles and other horse accessories too.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]