Re: Tandy Leather

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp405.elkgrove.net on September 14, 1999 at 15:40:48:

In Reply to: Proper Strap buckle posted by Abner on September 14, 1999 at 12:13:37:

: If the strap were dyed on both sides, it would stain your shirt. (wouldn't want that!) However I agree that the color is too light and too red. Oils may darken it.

: With regard to the buckle. it does seem to be too wide and fat. John Dinkhdun sent us a picture at Indygear of several buckles he found, and I remember one buckle that looked spot on to me. I'll post a pic of it so you can critique it.

: In defense of Noel Howard, the bag and strap cost me less than I have payed for the bag only in some places. Also, there is no leather craft store anywhere neart me. Doe anyone know of an internet leather/hardware supplier?

: Cheers,
: Abner

Have you ever tried Tandy Leather? They used to have a couple of stores here in Sacramento, but they closed them all. Now they are strictly an on-line co. I think it's just tandyleather.com. This is where I got my leather for my homemade straps(before they closed).
They also sell a great conditioner called "DR. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator" I swear by this stuff. I use it on all my jackets(until I can get what Peter recommends)and whips.
The last time I visited their site, I didn't see much of anything that interested me. So I called them. They have more than is just on their site.
Also, I think it's great what Noel is doing for us all. We're fortunate to have him helping us out!
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]