LC Questions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Muppet from dialup126.alderaan.kingston-internet.net on September 15, 1999 at 12:31:03:

Hi,

Okay, two questions and the prize is - erm - nothing! :)

1) I was reading on the imdb.com site in the "Trivia" section that in LC, the Fedora guy who chases young Indy was originally meant to be Abner Ravenwood. Due to crap TV people and laziness on my part, I've never seen the Young Indy Chronicles - does anyone know if this idea was kept?

I know the character's name was changed from Abner Ravenwood to just "Fedora", but was he still meant to be Indy's mentor?

2) In a later scene, when Indy is captive on the boat trying to get back the Cross of Coronado, when the guy in the white suit and Panama Hat says "Small world, Dr. Jones", what Indy's response "Too small for two of us" mean?

That's always bugged me. I mean, in RotLA, Indy hated it when Belloq made comparisons of himself to Indy. The white suit guy in LC was a thief just like Belloq, so why would Indy willingly say "two of us" and compare himself to the white suit guy?

And the white suit guy on the boat CAN'T be the Fedora guy from the young Indy scene - there's nothing to link the characters in facial terms, clothes, etc. WHAT'S GOING ON?!?! :)))

So many confusing questions - please help! :)

-Muppet-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]