Uhh... Leather Groom!!! (bought it off of Michaelson)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from constellation.shreve.net on September 15, 1999 at 22:02:38:

In Reply to: Lacking Leather Groom, What conditioners do you use on your Wested jackets? posted by Dirk Pitt on September 15, 1999 at 19:48:56:

: I've been using a leather conditioner called "Bick 4" that I picked up a couple years ago at Miller's Stockman while on vacation in Denver. The bottle says it's ideal for leathers and it has worked well since I started using it.

: I did run into one problem last winter that I was wondering whether anyone else has encountered. After wearing my Wested in the rain and cold without conditioning it the jacket developed a small tear in near the right elbow. I easily enough mended with some Elmer's Stix-all (a flexible glue), but ever since then I have made sure to condition my jacket regularly.

: Recently, I was in a Bass Outlet Store and noticed a product of theirs called "Bass Leather Foam with Mink Oil". I've been thinking about trying it out since Noel Howard used Mink Oil to condition the jackets for films. Has anyone tried this?

: -- Dirk

I ordered him a 16 oz. container of Pecard from David Morgan and
had it sent as a gift to his house. In return, he supplied me with
one shiny black-and-gold can of Letap Leather Cleaner. (I think "groom"
is just a nickname that someone on the forum came up with) I just
treated my jacket for the first time ever last week and it is sweet!!!
It's exactly like shaving cream. (It helps to put the jacket on and
let someone else shine it for you while you're wearing it) The result
is absolutely bi!chcakes!!!

Regards,

Dale Dassel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: