Re: Mini-Indy, you complete me.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on September 16, 1999 at 08:42:08:

In Reply to: Re: Mini-Indy, you complete me. posted by Goodsport on September 15, 1999 at 23:13:54:

: : The ONLY thing I noticed (and I wouldn't have if I didn't own the "real thing") is that the zipper on the jacket is on the wrong side. It's set up like an American jacket. But who gives a rat's *** about that anyway? So now instead of buying all the rest of Indy's gear....I think I'll just lose a lot of weight and wear the doll's clothes....

:
: Actually, the zipper is on the correct side. :)

: It doesn't really have anything to do with American or British or whatever... basically for males, shirts and jackets have buttons on the right side and the left side goes over them. For female shirts and jackets, it's the exact opposite. My sister brought that to my attention many years ago after she had taken a home-ec. class in junior high. I never noticed it before, but it's absolutely true! :)

: Besides, look at the picture of Indy on the front of the box (live picture of Harrison Ford as Indy). His jacket zipper is on the right side and the left would flap over it (which is normal for male jackets). :D

: Is Mini-Indy just like Indy... but 1/8 the size? :D

:
: -G

Apparently you don't own a Wested jacket. The flap on the Wested, as you point out, is in the "correct" place, that being left over right as you point out for males, but the zipper tab is on the left hand side, not the right as on all American "male" versions, or what they now term as "uni-sex" jackets. You rarely if ever find a left hand zipper on a jacket in the US now. The British jacket zipper is indeed reversed to the American right hand zipper. This was, and at times still is, hard to get used to when you wear the Wested. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]