Re: ABNER!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on September 16, 1999 at 08:51:36:

In Reply to: Re: ABNER! posted by Forrestall on September 15, 1999 at 20:35:04:

: : Kenneth,

: : Where do you live? California? China? (just kidding) What group do you re-enact with?

: : The Thompson is my only actual gun right now, but I'm saving for an M1 Garand. I have a particular interest in the Guns from the early 20th centruy through WW1 and WWII - someday I'd like a B.A.R., a German MP-40, M1911, Luger, Mauser Broomhandle... the list goes on and on! But the Thompson is definitely one of the greatest guns ever made. The 1921 model rules! After firing one you realize why the gangsters loved them. The Tommy Gun originally had an incredibly fast rate of fire (1200-1500 rounds per minute I believe- sounded like paper being ripped), but was slowed down for WWII to 600-900rpm.

: : Sadly, with respect to guns, this is relevant-- I just read of another shooting incident, this time involving a Church in Texas. Horrible. Truly disgusting and deplorable.

: : I hate when these incidents happen not only because of the tragic loss of life, but also because the media will make a huge deal about it and then there will be calls for more gun control, etc... It seems like we have had quite a few of these in the last half year. I don't know why exactly this is happening lately, but it's no reason to abolish the constitution and take guns away from responsible citizens. We don't stop drunk drivers by banning cars, and we haven't stopped drugs by making them illegal, so what makes the media think we can stop psychos by making guns illegal? They will get them anyway. If we make guns illegal then only criminals will have them, and I doubt they'll care about violating gun laws since they have other things on their mind (like killing people.) I think these shootings are related to a deep moral crisis in our nation and we need to look there.

: : Sorry to digress, but yes, the Thompson is definitely my favorite gun from that era.

: : Cheers,
: : Abner

:
: : : Hey,
: : : I read your reply to my 1920/30s post and was amazed to hear that you have a thompson!I have two! A M1A1 and a 1921 model! Tommy guns are my favorite guns in my collection.
: : : oF course my ones dont fire anymore cause of the laws over here
: : : but its always really great to hear that someone else shares the same passion as i do.Do you collect other guns or are thomsons just a fetish?I collect stuff fron 1890 up to around 1960 but most of my stuff is ww2 as YES! i am also involved in reinactment!
: : : Oh isnt coincidence wonderfull?
: : : Cheers,
: : : Kenneth.

: :To Abner: The object of gun control(Personal Disarmement) is not reducing crime. The agenda is people control. First you license and register, then you condemn and confiscate. If the people are against this, you create an outrageous incident to turn public opinion. The school shootings in the gun-free school zones(read "sitting ducks") are more effective than the resturant shootings. Regards,Forrestall

Amen. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]