Thanx Reggie, my scaily friend!(NM) BTW are you done yet? LOL just kidding.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from 1Cust36.tnt3.fort-lauderdale.fl.da.uu.net on September 19, 1999 at 08:15:47:

In Reply to: Hey Short Round! This may help your hat problem! posted by Reggie on September 18, 1999 at 21:12:14:

: I dont know where you live and I dont know about any retailers around you but you can get a good hat for $30-50 range. Avoid hats that are very stiff unless they are fir felt. My very first hat was a brand called Country Gentleman and it was a very stiff wool. If yu expose it to water at all, its rouined! It will lose its shape and shrink and get all floppy and fade. That is what happened to mine!. I would get a wool hat that is crushable. The stiff wool kinds you cant or you will ruin the shape. The most common hat you can find is probably a hat made by Dorfman Pacific. A crushable hat will have a tag that says CRUSHABLE on it. They are usualy treated with scotch guard so they will be water repelent. They sould be in the 30-40 dollar range. If you have a hat shop around you anywhere I would deffinatly stop there first. If you dont have any hat shops things get a bit more hard. Id try looking In a sporting goods store. If you get a hat with a leather band I think its ok. But if you want a ribbon, you can get one at a craft store. They will sell by the yard, but you can get a yard for less than a dollar. Or maybee Im wrong. You cut the fishing line holding the leather strap on and have your grandma sew it on for you or you could do it your self if you can. Its real hard getting the needle through the felt. Or maybee take it to a tailor.You may get it real cheap if you suply the ribbon and the thread. Once you have a hat you can go to a hat shop and have them put a lining in. They are those silky satin things inside the hat. I clean my hat with a hat brush . You need to clean them because they get lint and hair stuck to them. You can use tape or lint rollers to get the stuff off. You can also use and old tooth brush. Set your hat on its crown if you set it down so the brim it wont loose its shape. If your fingers are greasy, from food or what ever DONT TOUCH YOUR HAT!! It will cause the felt to turn pink!*Gee Reggie, are you done yet?*

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]