Re: The point I was trying to make below about Lucas...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah17-165.barrie.connex.net on September 21, 1999 at 05:09:44:

In Reply to: The point I was trying to make below about Lucas... posted by ROB T. on September 20, 1999 at 21:58:27:

Hi Rob:
Well, you certainly made yourself clearer! I understand fully what you are saying (and understood your first post, see my reply) but I think you may be addressing a larger problem with Hollywood films in general.
There are innumerable films which show children in dangerous situations, but it is always "romantic danger" so to speak, and the reason may well be that the target audience is children; children that will never journey to a `Temple of Doom' or
blow up a trade federation ship so the movies allow them to fantasize it's them on the screen. I don't think this is a bad thing. I was 8 years old when I saw `Raiders' in 1981 and the second I came out of the theatre I was pretending I was Indy. I would dream about being Indy - and while what you are perceiving as a problem could in fact be a good thing (?) Just a suggestion, keep up the good thoughts!
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: