Th Cairo Swordfight: Two different explanations why it wasn't shown.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from 1Cust136.tnt5.fort-lauderdale.fl.da.uu.net on September 22, 1999 at 12:45:15:

On the Bigraphy magazine with Harrison Ford he talked about the Cairo sword fight not being shown because he said, "Why don't we just shoot the sunuva b--" and on Frmo SW to IJ, they say he was suffering intestinal problems. Hmmm, I wonder who we should believe. Either Harrison don't wanna be embarrassed or he is telling the truth. But there would be no reason Lucasfilm would lie, but ya never know. Hmmm. BTW I see a few seconds of the Cairo sword fight on Harrison Ford's Bigraphy on TV. I seen a side view of the swordsman attacking Indy. And on the book From SW to IJ, they show the story board of the fight! He backs away as the dude attacks him and then he jumps tot he left as the swordsman chops, chopping into a butcher's stand, then Indy jumps to a right as the swordsman chops again, this time fileting the meat. Then Indy punches him and that's it. I prefer the shooting sequence though. If they made a CD, "Indiana Jones: Behind the Magic" like "Star Wars: Behind the Magic" I think we'd see for ourselves and decide. Well see ya's, Shorty.
"Put that thing away you'll get us all killed!" -Leia, ANH.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]