Re: Tales of the Gold Monkey

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on September 22, 1999 at 15:33:55:

In Reply to: Re: Tales of the Gold Monkey posted by The Man with the Hat on September 22, 1999 at 08:21:45:

: : I remember it fondly. It lasted for about a season and starred Stephen Collins as a pilot with a one-eyed dog. I don't remember that much about it except that Collins was always losing the dog's glass eye in poker games and that he flew a seaplane and had cool adventures.
: : It was on at the same time as "Bring Em Back Alive" with Bruce Boxleitner. But "Gold Monkey" was the better show.

: Actually, Tales of the Glod Monkey had 22 episodes and is one of my favorite shows ever!! It was very entertaining, as was different enough from Raiders that it didn't really seem like a rip-off!!

: See ya,

: The Man with the Hat

:
: "Fortune and Glory, Kid. Fortune and Glory."

Count me in on that as well! It was a lot of fun, and just different enough from Raiders to be "fresh", if you will. Adventure and humor in a tropical setting in the 1930's. Actually, as my son pointed out, its virtually the same theme as Disney's Tailspin cartoon. Anyway, I'd love to find it on cable!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: