Looks like a possibility...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from global.mactemps.com on September 23, 1999 at 10:15:40:

In Reply to: 5.5 inch open crown hat for $87.50! posted by Patterson on September 23, 1999 at 09:00:17:

Let us know how this works out...you may be onto something now that the Nostalgia is gone.

Cheers,
Abner

: As an affordable HJ alternative, I’m looking at the Akubra Bushman:

: Crown: Open crown, fully lined, 5-1/2 inches to top
: Brim: 3-1/4 inch bound edge, snap-brim
: Band: 1/2-inch ribbon band
: Colors: Dark Beige
: Sizes: 6-3/4 through 7-7/8
: Price: $87.50

: Yes, it has a bound edge. At 3.25 inches, though, It has room to be cut down. I have a local shop that says they can do this to whatever dimensions I provide. Therefore, if anybody out there with an HJ (preferably in the size range of 7 5/8) could provide me the brim widths (front, back, and sides), I would greatly appreciate it.

: I know the band width is way off. The bands, however, are easy to replace, and in my book the Grosgrain I’ve found locally looks as good as what I’ve seen on the HJ’s posted on the web.

: I like the fact that it has a 5.5-inch crown! There is another model, the Squatter, with a 5.25-inch crown. From the pictures shown on David Morgan’s web site, it has more of the classic fedora look. I’m assured, however, that this is only because of how the hats have been bashed. Unbashed, both have the same basic shape, and that the Bushman can be shaped as a fedora as well.

: Take a look!

: http://www.davidmorgan.com/CATALOGS/DM/dm38|dm05b?0148382799003529742346453170

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]