Re: Shaping my HJ...came out great....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on September 23, 1999 at 10:48:26:

In Reply to: Shaping my HJ...came out great.... posted by David Zaritsky on September 23, 1999 at 04:00:20:

: The process I went thru to shape my HJ was a long one. I actually wne tand bought a $100 Stetson (the INDY) and took a spray bottle to this one...thoroughly soaking the brim and the crown top...I was able to reshape it JUST like the Raiders version, in all aspects. Then I dried the piece upside down for two days...it came out perfect. So after my experiment I used the same process with the HJ...was I scared, you're damn right I was. The felt of the HJ is more supple than the stetson and I was nervous the over all effect would not be there...however, after following the same steps and letting the piece dry for two days I have an exact replica of the hat...I love it now where as before I was nervous to look at it the wrong way. Its an Indiana Jones hat!

As you found out, the better quality the fur felt, the EASIER the reshaping and reworking the job is. I was like you...you tend to think the opposite. Why else do you think "uptown" hat shops lean more toward the better material? Sales, sure, but it makes THEIR lives much easier when they have to rework the hat. Great job! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]