Secret of the Incas

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on September 23, 1999 at 13:52:09:

In Reply to: Re: HOGAN!!!!!! Hmph! posted by Michaelson on September 23, 1999 at 12:39:19:

: : Well, I don't know about Hogan's Heroes (according to the Daily Show, "The madcap comedy that was the Third Reich") but there is no question in my mind that Indy's Wardrobe is WWII inspired. The khaki shirt, trouser belt, officers pinks trousers, and bomber jacket are taken straight from a WWII Bomber Pilot's outfit (Col. Hogan was a bomber pilot), and given some minor alterations. Of course Indy's shirt is a basically a classic safari shirt, but I read somewhere that the leather jacket outfit was somewhat inspired by clothing worn by Charlton Heston in some old film and described as "the classic hero look". But the fedora became the trademark.

: : I used to watch re-runs of Hogan's Heroes all the time about 10 years ago. I've probably seen every episode. I don't think Spielberg was inspired by the show but he was inspired by WWII so I think your observations are right on the money!

: : Cheers,
: : Abner

: The movie mentioned in old literature that the outfit was followed after was "Secret of the Incas" with, as you said above, Mr. Heston. Regards. Michaelson

I echo your "Hmmph!"

By the way, does anybody know if "Secret of the Incas" has ever been released on video? I'm certain I've seen it somewhere, but I cannot find it through Amazon.com. The gray matter must be slipping...

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: