I've seen The Naked Jungle!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana James (Lambert) from 209.5.179.14 on September 23, 1999 at 13:54:40:

In Reply to: Secret of The Incas...The Naked Jungle posted by Abner on September 23, 1999 at 13:37:03:

:::but I read somewhere that the leather jacket outfit was somewhat inspired by clothing worn by Charlton Heston in some old film and described as "the classic hero look". But the fedora became the trademark.

That was from InStyle Magazine.

: Thanks Michaelson, I'll have to rent that one sometime! I'll put it on the list with "Gunga Din". Say have you ever seen Heston in "The Naked Jungle"? A great sci-fi movie about soldier ants overrunning a South American plantation c. 1900. It pops up on AMC every now and again. Some good Indy-esque/ Safari clothing in that one- plus a few WW1 styled holsters/gunbelts.

My mom took out "The Naked Jungle" from the Library about 6 years ago, she told me it was about ants wreaking havoc and killing people. Being 8 years old, I thought: "Cool! GIANT ants!!" But when I watched it and found out it was normal sized ants, I was deeply dissapointed. I watched it all though, and ended up liking it. I forget alot of it, although a few scenes just "burned" into my memory forever. I should rent it sometime! Thanks for reminding me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]