Re: New here.....help with ordering HJ fedora.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lao Che from 208.new-york-43-44rs.ny.dial-access.att.net on September 23, 1999 at 20:44:46:

In Reply to: New here.....help with ordering HJ fedora. posted by Jack Skellington on September 23, 1999 at 15:16:58:

: Greetings all fellow Indy fans-
: While I am new here to the forum I have been an Indy fan since I was twelve. It is so wonderful to find others with such a deep interest in such a great icon of classic adventure and fun. Since that ripe young age, my grandfather taught me to handle a bullwhip and after many cheap versions, my wife gave in and bought me a David Morgan 8 footer. WOW!!
: Well after so many felt hats I think its time to upgrade to the Herbert Johnson. And while Indygear has helped me a lot I had a few questions that I couldn`t find the answers to. What would be the best time to call? Do they take credit cards (which ones) or C.O.D. or checks? Do they shape it according to individual film style requested? I personally am convinced that the Raiders hat had a slightly wider brim than 2 1/2 inches on the sides. The following films appear that size but the original brim appears at least 2 3/4`s all the way around. I could be wrong and would like the input of other HJ owners. Can I tell them not to cut the brim that short on the sides or would that be rude (considering that they are professional hat makers)? How long will the whole procedure take and how long till it arrives? What color do I ask for? It`s a lot of money for a hat and I want to make sure is going to be exactly what I saw in that dark theatre so many years ago..like my bullwhip.
: I know this topic is rehashed over and over but please have mercy on the new guy. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. The site itself is wonderful and while there is the occassional squabble, everyone seems to be genuinly concerned with each other. Not very common on the internet I am finding. Happy haunting to all and to all a good night- Jack Skellington

: Hey man - welcome. I called HJ last week and Mr. Swales said the poet will not be in until mid october. I would not ask them to alter it - I think the hat looks just like the classic Raiders film version. Make sure you get the Petersham ribbon! Good luck - later.
:Lao

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]