Re: Pleased to meet you, Andrea Plan B...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrea from ip47-235-modem.sb.net on September 24, 1999 at 20:39:36:

In Reply to: Pleased to meet you, Andrea Plan B... posted by Dale Dassel on September 24, 1999 at 01:11:19:

: : At last!! I picked up my Wested at the post office on my lunch break today. ToD version w/nickel zipper and D rings (though the only discrpency I could tell were that the pockets don't seem as small nor as square as those in the film and Peter forgot to send along a certificate).

: : Once I really take a look at it, I'll post any other details. Peter told me though that the ToD version was identical to the Raiders version aside from the length but that some of the French jackets (with smaller pockets) made it into the film.

: : I asked for a slightly more roomy size to wear heavier garments, and it fits like a glove with a sweater. Still, I think it wouldn't hurt to have just a little altering (a couple tucks here and there) so I can wear ligher T-Shirts with it. As the great costume designer Anthony Powell (for ToD and LC) would say "it comes together in the fitting room"

: : Man it's taken 10 years...but damn was it worth the wait!

: : Cheers!

Greetings there!

Ok, I just sent the jacket out to have a couple of minor alterations (just slightly shortened arms, narrowing the sleeve width and shortening the adjustment straps). I had strongly considered having work done to reduce the size of the pockets, but it's just not possible to adjust the pockets without damaging the leather, so I'll have to let it be (I'm not a leather repair expert but have worked enough with it to know that once you've punctured this thin a skin, it's there to stay).
BTW, forgot to mention that the lining was in cotton and there were some interesting differences between Indiana John's Raider Jacket on IndyGear--the stitches on the base of the strap are completely different for the ToD model--it's sewn into the seam of the corner of the pocket instead of the "X" stitch.

Anyway, it sucks I have to wait 3 weeks for the work to be done, but hopefully the final fitting room touches will be worth it.

"there is nothing that you possess that I can not take away"...argh!

Cheers!
: Welcome to the club!!! You will find that the Wested jacket,
: regardless of the version, will be a comfortable, good-looking,
: and trusted companion on all your adventures. Wear it with pride.

: -Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]