The Hero (Indy) never loses his hat!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp415.elkgrove.net on September 24, 1999 at 21:35:00:

In Reply to: Should I hang up my fedora? posted by Reggie on September 24, 1999 at 19:38:04:

: Im in the pits. Im called cowboy everyday, and a guy i sit next to in comm tech thinks im gay, because of my hat.

Hell no! Leave that thing on. Just change your attitude about it a little. When they give you a bad time, don't defend or explain yourself, ignore them. If they keep it up, just give 'em a little smile. Years from now everyone from school will remember and respect you for it! Most of the other students probably copy each other(fads) and will be remembered as faceless clumps of people!
I'm 25 and work in construction, kind of a burly guy, and I proudly wear my "IRON GIANT" t-shirt (yes, from the "cartoon" movie).
Nobody has given me any lip. Not because how I look, but because I really don't care what they think, and they can tell. Some people compliment me on it. Compliments make much more of a positive impact than insults do negative ones. (Yes, I used to get picked on at school as you can probably tell!) Anyway, I better stop before I turn into Anthony Robbins or wahtever his name is! Leave the hat on Reggie, the hero never loses his hat.
"Who cares what those bozos think. You are who you choose to be!" Dean to Hogarth in THE IRON GIANT
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]