Re: Yes, I know that scream VERY well!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts2-h1-49-207.ispmodems.net on September 24, 1999 at 21:38:11:

In Reply to: Yes, I know that scream VERY well! posted by Patterson on September 24, 1999 at 15:10:13:

: : A few days ago Swamp Thang came on and I was watching it. And onle of the guys who got thrown out of a boat made that, "YAAAAAAAAARRRGH!" yell. I noticed it on all the indy and star wars movies. I'll analyze it!

: : ROTJ: When the bad guys are falling off the sand skiff into the Sarlacc. Also Billy Dee aka Lando makes a similar yipe when the Sarlacc grabs his leg.

: : RAIDERS: Ok!! This is the exact one I'm talking about. The original "YAAAARGH!" When you see the first Nazi fly uot of the truck when Indy puts on the breaks and goes forward again. I mean on the truck scene. That's the yell that is more precise and used though. Remember, the nazi who flies into the truck in the back?

: : ToD: Most of the thuggees that fall off the rope bridge.

: :
: : Well that's it. But the Raiders one is more precise. It's actually the main one I'm talking about. It's in a lot of movies. Well see ya's, Shorty.
: : "You brothers?" -Bouncer.
: : "No... YES!" -Butabi Brothers, ANATR.

: You know I've noticed it myself. It’s an example of stock sound effects they use in editing TV, movies, commercials, etc. I've heard the same canned scream in probably a dozen movies and TV shows. I've pointed it out to my wife, who just ignores it as another piece of useless trivia rattling around in my head. You know the kind of stuff that comes in handy when you’re watching Jeopardy? Oh, well...

: Cheers!

: Patterson

The earliest movie I've heard it in is "The Wild Bunch". I guess it's been around a while.

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]