Re: Whip Holster

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Schulte from ascend77.extern.uni-essen.de on May 19, 1998 at 05:49:54:

In Reply to: Whip Holster posted by Dan Borton on May 18, 1998 at 22:50:59:

: No Problem Max, I am glad to help. I am pretty sure the whip used for that stunt was a 6 foot, which normally works well in restricted spaces, but even still you need at least 12 feet of clearance to swing it overhead.

: I picked up my whip holster today, It turned out pretty well for a first attempt. Its made from dark brown leather and has a heavy metal snap. The leather was cut about a ˝ inch shorter than I wanted it, and the snaps were switched around. (In the Temple of Doom, Indy’s whip holster had the open end of the snap on top, which attached the belt loop together) These are just minor things though, and can be fixed in future versions for better accuracy. Over all though its a pretty good replica, and seems to do the trick. The shop owneralso said he could make them and ship them out. If your Interested let me know and I will get you the information on how to contact the shop. By the way, They did a really nice job on the strap for my mark VII bag as well. Hope this helps.

: Dan

It would be nice if you could provide more information on how to contact
the shop. The thing I made is pretty bad. I'm not sure if it can't
support a whip but well see that...

Anyway, how much did you pay for the strap and the whip holster? I'm
just curious because I paid quite a lot (about $15).

Regards,
-Max

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: