Re: the groom...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on September 27, 1999 at 08:28:49:

In Reply to: Re: Well, I for one am quite satisfied with Noel Howard's strap! posted by Dirk Pitt on September 24, 1999 at 21:47:53:

: True, I didn't pay the shipping as well -- but considering that the strap is roughly the price of an inexpensive leather belt I think it's hardly a rip-off. And as far as quality is concerned, I think the strap is a wonderful reproduction as far as I can tell. To me the buckle looks the same and the folks at MBA have even bothered to give it a few scratches and dings. And the leather... well, right now I wouldn't exactly put in the same league as the stuff Peter uses for the jackets -- but it doesn't need to be. It has to be thin enough for the bag to hang correctly. And once the leather breaks in a bit -- as anyone who's bought a leather dog collar or leash knows -- it will look PERFECT. Perhaps some of you have done better making one on your own, but I for one -- after some Internet searching and a trip to the local saddlery -- did not find that an easy or cheap alternative.

: Of course one solution to the problem of the shipping costs for our orders from England would be to put together group orders and then redistribute once the mass order arrives in the U.S. Maybe Noel would even discount such a large order. I certainly wouldn't mind getting one of Peter's bottles of Leather Groom through such an order... but perhaps this would require too much trust for a semi-anonymous Internet group...

: -- Dirk

About the only problem to date regarding the groom is the can is pressurized, and they're getting skiddish shipping that kind of material overseas now. I was fortunate enough to acquire several cans through a fellow Indyfan through Scotland a couple of years ago. Now how he convinced Scottish postal officials to ship is quite beyond me, but he did. After that, the cans of groom no longer went out to overseas buyers to my knowledge. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]