Been there!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on September 27, 1999 at 10:04:01:

In Reply to: Just got my Wested, but it needs alteration posted by California Jones on September 25, 1999 at 08:43:07:

: It is great looking, smelling, feeling and all, but it is just a bit too long on the coat length and on the sleeve length. I had given Peter measurements, but it is not the same thing as actually being there and trying them on. It is not his fault at all. In fact, if it were an ordinary coat, I would be totally satisfied. I STILL received many compliments.

: But after watching Raiders, again, I noticed that mine falls way too far down my back as well as too far down my sleeve. Peter had thought a 46 long would be right, which was a reasonable asumption. I work out a lot and this creates some problems in fitting things. My Cooper Indy is a regular and fits perfectly, tho slightly short on the sleeves. I really want my wonderfull Wested coat to fit even better.

: So it was with heavy heart that I parted, hopefully briefly, with my Wested after having it only a day. I sent it back to Peter asking for an exchange to a 46 regular with sleeves 1/2" longer if at all possible, and told him to charge me whatever was necessary for the trouble. I feel like that something like this, is worth the wait to have it absolutely perfect.

: I hope it does not take another six weeks, but if that is to be my pennance, so be it.

: Do you folks think I am being too nitpicky?

My first jacket was a Raiders 48 Long. I workout as well, and was concerned I would get the jacket and it would be too small. I wear a 48 long suit, so I thought I would be fine. It was about 1.5 inches too long and the sleeves were WAY to long. I ended up trading the jacket to another forum member, and ordering a 48 regular, + .5 inch on length, -1 inch on the shoulders. The -1 inch on the shoulders made what appeared to be long sleeves fit just right.

It is tough to get sized over the phone. Especially when one is definitely not "off the rack."

Good luck on your alterations!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: