Re: An easy Crusade question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson on December 04, 1997 at 16:18:51:

In Reply to: An easy Crusade question posted by Fedora on December 02, 1997 at 17:50:49:

: Here's a question you guys can maybe help me with:

: In The Last Crusade, there's that scene wher Indy goes over the cliff on the tank. Obviously, he doesn't die, but seconds before the tank falls Indy is shown well towards the front of the tank. How exactly does he avoid falling? Thanks.
Well, he's actually BEHIND the gun turret beating the crud out of the Nazi when he sees the end of the line coming up. You see him throw himself toward the back of the tank across the netting, losing his hat in the move when it goes over the clift. In outake still shots I have seen, he grabs the roots under the cliff edge as the end of the falling tank flips over the edge, pulling himself upward. But then thats ok, we see the tanks first impact, knocking the gun turret off the tank, only to roll to a stop at the bottom with the turret back ON. THAT, I believe, is the REAL miracle of the whole scene. Those Germans build a really neat piece of equipment..Heals itself after impact! Regards.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]