Re: That is an interesting story!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on September 27, 1999 at 11:05:12:

In Reply to: That is an interesting story! posted by Abner on September 27, 1999 at 10:19:53:

: It's kind of like how the Leather jacket was originally designed and made in the U.S. but then changed in England by Peter Botwright, who was known to be a good source for jackets by Noel Howard.

: Did David Morgan give you details on why the production supposedly originally picked one of his hats as a film prop? I would love to hear more about this- and also how you make out turning your Akubra into an Indy Hat. The one thing I am not sure about is the color. The picture on the website looked more yellow brown and not as reddish mink brown as the Indy Fedora. If you have luck with this, though, I may do the same thing!

: I wonder if the Raiders hat actually had a 5.5 inch crown- because it does look somewhat taller than the others. What do you think?

: Cheers,
: Abner

We didn't get as much into the detail on the hat as I now wish we had. At the time I was more into inquiring about the whip. When I went up to his store last week, I was hoping to get drawn into another one of those long conversations with him so I could get more specifics on the hat. Alas, he was not in at the time. I plan on picking up a Bushman in about two weeks, and I'll see if he'd available then.

On the crown - Yes, I am a bit concerned there, as well. I would be most grateful if an HJ owner would provide the measurements. The crown on the Raider's hat does look taller, but I'm not convinced that it just doesn't have a more squared top at 5.5 inches, if that makes sense. My Nostalgia has a fairly tall crown, but it is more pronouncedly rounded at the top. It, therefore, has more the appearance of the ToD and the LC hats.

The color is lighter then I would like. But then, my Nostalgia is darker then I would like. I'll see how this comes out, and if there is anything I can do.

I'm excited about the project, and I will be sure to keep the forum posted.

Again, in the meantime it would be great if an HJ owner could provide detailed measurements. Also, an assessment of just how rounded the unbashed HJ Poet is at the crown would be appreciated as well.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: