Re: The 554 Official Indy Fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-113.COL.cableone.net on September 27, 1999 at 12:41:37:

In Reply to: The 554 Official Indy Fedora posted by Abner on September 27, 1999 at 12:17:32:

: Erick,

: I have one of the official Indiana Jones fedoras made of fur felt so
: I'll give it to you straight- It comes with a teardrop crown, it's two short, and the sides are tapered. That's the bad news. The good news is you can mitigate some of these characteristics by reshaping the hat yourself, and from certain angle it looks decent. I am wearing it in my staff picture at Indygear. However, if I did it over again, I'd either 1) get a Herbert Johnson (I plan on it someday) but if $250 is too expensive I'd 2) Try to find a Stetson Nostalgia but If I couldn't I'd 3) look into the Akubra possibility mentioned by Patterson or 4)possibly get a Stetson Temple and reshape it.

: I don't particularly recommend the officical hat but if you need a quick prop it's a certainly a reasonable choice.

: Cheers,
: Abner

Abner, I think you did an outstanding job in reshaping that fedora! I basically did this to a Nostalgia of mine but yours looks better. So for the second time-my compliments. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]