Re: The Hat Shop..I think Michaelson knows?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on September 27, 1999 at 12:42:47:

In Reply to: The Hat Shop..I think Michaelson knows? posted by Abner on September 27, 1999 at 12:04:51:

: : Actually, as I recall, those are the rivets where the chinstrap hooks are attached on the inside. Yes, they are low enough to be well covered by 39-mm ribbon. Also, they are very inconspicuous on the inside.

: : I’m not aware of the hat shop you mention. Can they cut the hat to differing dimensions on the brim? If so, I would love to talk to them. One problem with my local men’s hat shop is that they can only cut the brim based on the existing edge in 1/8-inch increments, i.e. if its 3 ¼ all the way around, they could get it to 3-inches all the way around.

: : To get the brim to 3 inches in the front and 2 ¾ on the sides and back, I am working on a jig that will allow me to do an initial cut via razor blade to get the brim to 3 inches on the sides and back and leave it at 3 ¼ inches on the front. Then I’ll have the hatter make two clean passes around the brim to get it to the desired 2 ¾ inches on the back and sides and 3 inches on the front. Does that make sense? If there were a shop that can take this piece of the puzzle off my hands, then I’d be very grateful – it’s the one part that makes me a bit nervous.

: : I’m not as concerned about the color. I think that with a bit of “distressing”, it’ll look great. It is very much the same color as the first hat I almost bought – a Stetson ToD in nougat. The only reason I didn’t get it was because the Nostalgia was untapered and definitely taller with t wider brim.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

: The Hatshop's name eludes me for the moment, but I'm sure Michaelson knows it- I think I remember him mentioning them a while ago and I believe they have often done alterations/changed ribbons on Nostalgias from Miller hats-- and they are quite aware of our quest for the perfect fedora. I'm sure once Michaelson reads this he can enlighten us...

: Cheers,
: Abner

They are the Hatworks, and can be reached through Stark and Leggim in Norfolk, Virgina. Their phone number is 757-625-4287. As for Karen, and tell them I sent you. Hopefully they won't hang up on you. (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]