Whoops!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on September 27, 1999 at 16:47:46:

In Reply to: John,Abner,or Michealson please Fix the following mistake on indygear... posted by Kenneth on September 27, 1999 at 13:59:42:

: In your new weapons section the rifle is not used by the british forces, it is a thugee rifle.The British forces use Lee Enfield no.4's
: Incidently these weapons did not enter british service untill 1939-40.
: I belive the thugee rifle is a repro of a Martini Henry rifle.
: Thanks,
: Kenneth.

Thanks Kenneth! I take responsibility for this snafu, as John asked me to give the new weapons section a looksee, but I checked out the handgun page instead. I just flat missed this. The correct caption should read the Thugee rifle (as Kenneth says, a Martini variation) used in the mine car chase scenes INSIDE the caverns, not the fire fight OUTSIDE the caverns. As to the Lee-Enfield model, well, I'll have to accept that as stated, as there are so many variation of the Lee, and I'm a short gun man myself, not so much the long gun unless I do specific research regarding a particular model. The Martini always interested me as the selected gun for the chase, as it was a single action model. I sure didn't see any pockets on the Thugees that could hold the extra ammmo they needed to keep the rifle charged! Oh well. I also enjoy watching the British soldier jam his Lee by short stroking the bolt, kicking out two unfired rounds and effectively jamming the weapon all together, and in an over the shoulder camera shot to boot! I bet more than one military person and riflemen cringed when that is seen. I know I still do. Anyway, Thanks for the heads up. I'll pass it on to John in case he missed this discussion. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]