No, I don't think Silvestri compares...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8bf.dialup.mindspring.com on September 27, 1999 at 20:04:50:

In Reply to: Alan Silvestri and John Williams should team up! No doubt there... posted by Short Round on September 27, 1999 at 17:29:04:

: Today I got the new BTTF trilogy soundtrack which has the themes from each movie and even the theme played when you're on the ride, and it rocks! I admit, I used to think that the BTTF music was composed by John Williams! This guy could be his equal or second in reaching his level! This guy rocks! I always hum the BTTF theme anytime I am on my skateboard just as much as I hum the Indy theme or the theme played when Luke kicks the crap out of the Weeqay and the Klaatu and such on the Sand Skiff. This is a must buy! If him and John Williams team up to do Indy IV it would be the coolest! I recommend this soundtrack to any BTTF fans or BTTF fan wannabe's! Or just anybody! Well see ya's, Shorty.
: "You've read Jules Verne?" -Doc, BTTF III.

Silvestri has some great movie music too but I'd put it a notch or two below John Williams. Other good modern movie music composers include Basil Pouledouris (Hunt for Red October) and James Horner (Glory). But John Williams beats them all. The music to Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan was just stunning- not in your face but amazing nonetheless. Also, if you like the Raiders March check the them to "1941". Spielberg says he likes this march better. I don't- but I like it a lot!

Now I just need a P-40...

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: