Saw Alfred Molina's new show tonight. Here's what I thought.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on September 27, 1999 at 21:42:34:

Alfred Molina, Satipo from "Raiders," has a new show on CBS called "Ladies Man" and I caught an episode tonight.
It was funny but really nothing special and it was the most anti-male show I've seen in a long time.
The show's premise is that Molina and Sharon Lawrence are married and Molina is the only man in a house full of women; his wife, two daughters, his mother, his ex-wife, a coworker. Of course the ex and the coworker don't live with him but they're a part of his life.
Being the only male on the show, Molina is the butt of every joke and is presented as a man who can't do anything right. His wife makes fun of him and so do his daughters and mother and ex-wife.
Tonight's episode had Alfred and Sharon bringing home their new baby from the hospital. Alfred is excited because he has the son he's always wanted and he thinks he's gonna get to name the kid what he wants. (That was the agreement his wife made back when the doctor assured her it would be a girl) He wants to name the kid Tiger Iggy, after Tiger Wood and Iggy Pop. She wants to name the kid Chester after her father. Of course in the end he caves and the kid is named Chester.
The subplot had Alfred giving his wife the inappropriate homecoming gift of a new treadmill as an apology for her catching him looking at a dirty magazine in the hospital. She of course is insulted and he comes off looking like a boob.
The cast is top notch- Sharon Lawrence, Betty White, Park Overall, Jasmine Guy and Dixie Carter has a recurring role but I don't think this show will last through the season. It is funny enough but there's really nothing that makes it stand out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]