Re: For all...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8d1.dialup.mindspring.com on September 29, 1999 at 14:57:39:

In Reply to: For all... posted by Patterson on September 29, 1999 at 10:12:45:

Personally I have found this discussion to contain some much appreciated information. I was never aware of the exact dimensions of the Raiders fedora, so I don't have much valuable to add, but I really think you may be on to something with the Akubra hat, especially if what David Morgan says is true. It looks great on the David Morgan website (especially the page where they show you how to form it) and I think the height will be excellent for a Raiders fedora. Although the color is light and not red enough, it probably looks similar to a weathered/faded HJ. I think I may buy one myself and send it to Stark and Leggum for the adjustments- (but I have to call them and see if they can do it). I have always been disappointed with the lack of height in my fedora and I was unable to get a nostalgia before the cheap ones disappeared. Too bad about those Akubra chinstrap holes, though...but I guess they'll be hidden.

You may be interested to know- on the "Official" Indy hat the makers appear to have compromised and made the brim 2 5/8 all around!

The Raiders fedora has a fantastic and distinct look and I wish you success in duplicating it. I think the attention to detail is what makes this hobby fun. Anyone can run down to the store and pick up a brown hat and a flight jacket. If you'ree gonna do it, do it right!

Cheers,
Abner

: I really do appreciate all the help everyone has provided as to the "correct" dimensions for the Raiders fedora. Thanks for the patience, as I'm sure many of you can appreciate that once I take a knife to the felt, I'm committed!

: Anyway, sorry to everyone else for clogging up the forum with the minutia of brim sizes! When your focus is on the trees, it’s easy to forget about the forest.

: I promise no more posts on the fedora until I have the finished product in hand. Then a full review is, I think, in order. Back to the fun stuff!

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: