Infernal Machine video...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah17-59.barrie.connex.net on September 30, 1999 at 03:21:00:

Hi:
I was recently watching a TV show called Electronic Playground (or something to that effect) here in Canada, and the crew was at an electronics expo, visiting the Lucasarts booth. Well, they showed full-motion screen shot videos of the game being played, and imagine, me without my VCR.
Well, it looked amazing! There were no jaggies, an excellent frame-rate, superb looking level design, and Indy's movement looked realistic (oh yeah, his outfit looked authentic too, right down to the gas mask bag).
They showed a clip of Indy jumping from a platform and landing with a roll, then whipping out a machine gun and sending some endangered species to the great unknown mystery. Then, there was a clip of Indy (in his jacket!) in a raft a la `Temple of Doom,' and a couple others I can't remember.
To boot, the "Offical US Playstation" mag, although not a hallmark of accuracy, lists the game as being released next month.
The delay could be a business move, as if Indy was released this month it could have conflicted with the release of 'Phantom Menace' for PSX. I could see Lucasarts not wanting two high profile products on the shelf at the exact same time, but rather spread it out so people didn't have to choose. Wait, and they can buy both! Why not?
For what it's worth, the game is coming soon!
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: