Re: Pls. Help re: Leather Groom

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 01, 1999 at 08:28:17:

In Reply to: Pls. Help re: Leather Groom posted by Sean on October 01, 1999 at 02:28:54:

: Hi:
: Okay - I've given up all hope of ever receiving the leather groom from Wested. Now, I've had my jacket a little over a year, and noticed for the first time yesterday it's a little dry. I DESPERATELY need to treat it but I'll be damned if I put any old treatment on it.
: I need to know something from Wested and leather groom oweners:
: 1) What is the ingredients on the leather groom can, and is there anything comparable in North America.
: 2) Does this leather groom prevent the leather from ligthening in colour with age?

: Any help would be appreciated as I really need to treat my jacket with the onset of inclement weather...but I'm in Canada so what're ya gonna do?
: Cheers,
: Sean

There are no ingredients listed on the leather groom can (I know, I looked again last night), and there is RUMORED to be a like product made by an Australian company called "UG" that has the same characteristics as the groom Peter sells. I have had conflicting reports so far from different stores, and have yet to lay my hands on a can, but you may try better class shoe shops in your area and ask them about this product. Tell them that the groom you're looking comes out of the pressurized can as a foam, and cleans and conditions smooth leather. The products I've found by "UG" were specifically for sweude leather, but there's supposed to be the groom for the smooth leathers too. And no, the groom actually darkens the leather to the original color that it was when it arrived at your door. I'm still on the trail of this elusive like product on the North American continent, so hang in there. I'm still on the trail Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]