Wested shop stuff and rainproofing question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jock from piggy.gla.ac.uk on October 01, 1999 at 09:26:26:

I just got my Wested and I had read on the forum that the leather should stand up well in the rain (and living in Scotland - I sure hope it does). However is that after it has been treated in any way, for example Scotchguard?

My Wested took 7 weeks to arrive and I was told it would take 3, but it was worth the wait. Also, I usually take a 40", but I was measured in the shop itself and Jerry who works there reccommended me a 44" long. He said for sweaters and ease of movement etc. I was a little concerned that it would be too big but its a perfect fit. Just thought I'd mention that as something to consider and enquire about when ordering your jacket.

I had spent my summer vacation from college working in Colorado and was in London (baby!) on my way back to Glasgow. I thought it would be the perfect oppotunity to finally get a Wested. The shop itself has a few items of film memorabilia (Memphis Belle cut-out on the wall, James Bond photos) but I didn't see any Indy stuff, but then again I didn't get much of a chance to look around. I did speak to a woman there who worked on Star Wars and Indy costumes. She had worked on Harrison Ford's jackets herself and had a signed photo from the man himself.

I'm very glad I got the jacket finally.

(I'm not too bothered, but are you supposed to get a certificate of authenticity with it?)

Anyway, if you know of the rainproofing details, please reply.

Thanks

Jock

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: