Re: Wested shop stuff and rainproofing question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 01, 1999 at 10:22:13:

In Reply to: Wested shop stuff and rainproofing question posted by Jock on October 01, 1999 at 09:26:26:

: I just got my Wested and I had read on the forum that the leather should stand up well in the rain (and living in Scotland - I sure hope it does). However is that after it has been treated in any way, for example Scotchguard?

: My Wested took 7 weeks to arrive and I was told it would take 3, but it was worth the wait. Also, I usually take a 40", but I was measured in the shop itself and Jerry who works there reccommended me a 44" long. He said for sweaters and ease of movement etc. I was a little concerned that it would be too big but its a perfect fit. Just thought I'd mention that as something to consider and enquire about when ordering your jacket.

: I had spent my summer vacation from college working in Colorado and was in London (baby!) on my way back to Glasgow. I thought it would be the perfect oppotunity to finally get a Wested. The shop itself has a few items of film memorabilia (Memphis Belle cut-out on the wall, James Bond photos) but I didn't see any Indy stuff, but then again I didn't get much of a chance to look around. I did speak to a woman there who worked on Star Wars and Indy costumes. She had worked on Harrison Ford's jackets herself and had a signed photo from the man himself.

: I'm very glad I got the jacket finally.

: (I'm not too bothered, but are you supposed to get a certificate of authenticity with it?)

: Anyway, if you know of the rainproofing details, please reply.

: Thanks

: Jock

DO NOT SCOTCH GUARD!!!!! The leather is supposed to breath. Scotch guard will seal the coat, and probably ruin it. Being in Scotland, you have the enviable position to get the correct leather groom there, as it is manufactured in London. Contact Peter and find out where the closest store would be to pick up a can or two for yourself. This stuff does indeed "feed" the leather and water proof it to boot. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]