Serpent of Evil Conclusion - SPOILERS!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from cc85701-a.hwrd1.md.home.com on October 02, 1999 at 07:56:34:

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you had a similar mistaken reaction to the finale of walker's fan fiction story. At first I thought the whole thing was somehow a dream and nothing had truly happened, like that one season of Dallas. This made me a little angry, but then I realized that wasn't what happened. Aboriginies inhabitting this "Dream Time" were watching over Indy, planting portends in his dreams to assist him while he was in that maddened state by the gas in the mine. Is that the conclusion you came to?

Something that did bother me, however, was A's death (I'm being purposefully vague in case you didn't heed the spoiler warning). I get no indication about what really killed A. The others experienced illusions that caused them to kill each other, but the illusion A experiences is a solitary one which the reader isn't priviledged to. Are there any clues to what actually happened to A in that state? I had to go back and reread the prologue to understand the epilogue, so I may have forgotten something key that was mentioned along the way. It was a time span of five months after all.

Overall, I thought it was a well-written series. Definitely worth the read. Even though I had to, being the editor and all... Although walker very seldom made spelling, etc. mistakes I needed to correct.

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]