Chapter 9.2

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mack from 206.133.131.73 on May 20, 1998 at 21:09:18:

I am labeling this 9.2 because this is to short to be a whole chapter. Plus, I want to give other people a chance to write. But I just got some really cool ideas and I want to express a few in this short writing.

Chapter 9, part 2

"I don't know if it was good idea to leave Clarence in the room," Drake said, wiping sweat from his brow. "You know what he did when we first got here. And you remeber how spaced he looked before those guys left."
"That's exactly why I left him there," Indiana said, studying the map. "Who knows what those guys have done to him."
"I just thought we should keep our eyes on him, is all. What are you doing?" Drake asked. Indy didn't reply but just studied the jungle. He said nothing and trudged up hill. They were close to the mountains. Drake followed.
"It should be around," Indy said, inspecting the area, "Yes. Right here." He pushed some foliage aside to reveal a horrendously ugly stone totem.
"What the heck is that," Drake asked with a disgusted look on his face.
"Well," Indy said, "This guy is telling us not to go any further."

They continued through the jungle until they could see a fairly large waterfall that was landmarked on the map. It was getting hard for them to advance the steep slopes. It was especially hard for Drake who carried a large back pack full of equipment, whereas Indy just had on his traditional fedora and shoulder bag. Right when they were getting to tired to go on, Indy peered through the foliage to find a black void sinking into the rock of the mountain. Around the entrance was an elaborate carving made to look like a dragon's gaping mouth. They both entered despite the obvious warnings.

Indy held on to a lantern produced from Drake's backpack. Despite it's glow, it somehow wasn't enough to completely light their way into the cave. Drake slugged behind Indy, tired from the up-hill marathon they just had. He half consciously drug his feet against the ground. Suddenly he was startled by Indy's arm lightly pushing against his chest.
"What?" Drake asked.
"Booby traps," Indy said in a dismal voice.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]