Re: Duran Duran Music Video "Hungry Like the Wolf" definitely has an Indy feel!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on October 03, 1999 at 00:13:43:

In Reply to: Duran Duran Music Video "Hungry Like the Wolf" definitely has an Indy feel!! posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on October 02, 1999 at 21:55:01:

It most definitely was a takeoff of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"... I believe that Duran Duran even admitted that in an MTV video right after the video was released. It was made during a time when a lot of people were influenced by "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (including the short-lived TV show "Tales of the Gold Monkey" on ABC, which came out right after "Raiders" did). :)

Another interesting fact was that "Hungry like the Wolf" was (if I heard correctly) the first music video shot on film, thus giving it a movie-like quality (all videos since then were/are shot on film). Prior to "Hungry Like the Wolf", music videos were shot on video tape, which gave them more of a cheap look (although I doubt that was the intention). :D

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]