Uncle Indy?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp413.elkgrove.net on October 03, 1999 at 16:59:03:

In Reply to: Revisited.. posted by Michaelson on September 30, 1999 at 09:31:24:

: : : Hello,this is my first post so please forgive me if these are silly questions.My Indy knowledge is limited to the trilogy,so maybe my question has been answered in books or magazines:What kind of motor vehicle do you think Indy would own? Also,as a related side note,what do you think Indy would drive if he were around today?
: : ---
: : Or a jeep... yeah that would be more suitable for all those escapades into the unknown. Gee *g* This question has never occured to me before.

: : D.

: Yes, we have bantered this about before. I believe the concensus last time was that Indy seemed to be a creature of habit, especially in terms of using public transportation. Personally I think he'd be more than likely a non-auto owner, as the time period supplied more than enough ways of public transportation to get him from point A to B either on campus, or off world wide. He would also more than likely borrow what ever vehicle he needed to get somewhere when that form was not available. He just doesn't seem to be one who would want to invest in that kind of an item. Regards. Michaelson

I agree with you Michaelson. One of my Uncles is kind of an Indy type guy. He doesn't go searching for treasure, but he's well traveled, he's a professor, and he's worked in the U.N. (He is with the World Health Organization, which has since branched off on it's own.) My point anyway is that he hasn't owned a car since the sixties. Wherever he is in the world he uses public transportation when he can. When he's here in CA. He borrows an old Pinto from a mentor of his. Instead of a house, he owns a yacht, which he just takes wherever in the world he needs to be. I think this is what Indy would do to get around in the world.
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]