Re: Which of the Stetson Hats is most Accurate?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts2-h1-49-225.ispmodems.net on October 03, 1999 at 19:45:58:

In Reply to: Re: Which of the Stetson Hats is most Accurate? posted by Steve on October 03, 1999 at 08:26:41:

: : I am hoping to purchase a (relatively) inexpensive alternative to the HJ fedora and want to know which of the Stetson fedoras, Temple, Nostalgia etc.. is the most accurate.
: : Thanks for your time,
: : Dienekes

: It really depends upon who you ask. Personally I lean toward the Nostalgia. It comes in the open crown state, so you will have to shape it yourself. It doesn't come with a dimensional cut brim, but a hat shop should be able to cut it down for you. Many prefer the Temple, but this hat has quite a taper to the crown, and I don't care for that. The thing that I do like about the Temple is the factory cut dimensional brim. Either way I think you will like the Stetson. Steve

I really like the Nostalgia. It is much taller than the Temple, and there is no taper, which makes it look even taller. I recently purchased a Temple for a friend, and the crown was far too short in front. I liked the dimensional brim, but that in itself doesn't make the hat look right.In my eyes the round brim looks fine anyway, just steam up the edges a little, It gives that "Raven Bar" look to the hat. The best thing about the Temple is that it is available from the Stetson outlet for $28, while the Nostalgia is over $100 if you can still find one. If I was to buy another hat (and couldn't afford a Herbert Johnson) I'd buy another Nostalgia, even at the higher price. It looks that good.

Hope this helps,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: