Re: Streets of Cairo Nazi's fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on October 04, 1999 at 09:00:45:

In Reply to: Re: Streets of Cairo Nazi's fedora posted by O'MALLEY on October 04, 1999 at 08:36:29:

: I always think that it looks like indy's wearin' a grey hat at the end of raiders. maybe it's just the light in the building but it looks differ3ent

: : : Just a thought: In Raiders, the tall suited head Nazi in the streets of Cairo wears a grey fedora with an open crown. It looks exactly like Indy's fedora (except for color and crown dent.) It was probably made by the same shop (HJ?.) If true, those scenes, especially when he walks Indy into the bar, gives you a good idea of how very tall the fedora crown actually is (6" or more.)
: : : belloq

: :
: : I almost made this same post a few days ago! While watching this scene last week, I noticed the same thing. I even paused the vcr to get a good look. I do think that this hat is the same that Indy wears. You are correct, it is a pretty tall hat in the open crown state. I think the height is probaly 5 1/2 or 5 5/8 inches. I have always felt that the hats used in the other 2 movies were a bit shorter, especially the fedora used in TLC, but I like them all. Steve

I think he is wearing grey, as it appears to be the same fedora he's wearing when he boards the "Clipper" to fly to Napal, and that one sure isn't brown. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]